Caoba is located 10 km from Santa Marta with 8 km of dirt - road. As we are located in the mountains, we do not have an address as such, but there is only one road that reaches us. IMPORTANT: In the rainy season we recommend going up and down before noon.
To get to Caoba is only possible with 4x4 or Moto taxi and here are the directions on how to get there.
(Public bus or Taxi, followed by Moto Taxi)
Duration: around 60 minutes, depending on traffic.
From Santa Marta you take a bus or Taxi to Bonda and tell the driver to drop you off at the Bonda police station. From the police station you take a Moto taxi and tell the driver to take you to Caoba.
The Moto taxi should cost 20,000 COP to Caoba or 25,000 COP if you travel with very heavy and / or large luggage.
- all motorcycle drivers are used to transporting tourists and know the road very well.
- If the road is in very bad condition or the river is very large, it may happen that the driver leaves you where the river is. From here to the entrance of Caoba is a 15-minute walk. Up to the river the cost is 15,000 COP.
- we do not recommend taking a very young driver. If you wish, we can also send you a driver's phone number.
- If you are coming from the central bus station, we recommend you take a taxi to the main car entrance of the Buena Vista shopping center and from there take a bus to Bonda or continue with the same Taxi to the police station.
- if you arrive at the police station at noon the chances of finding a driver are less.
- If you go up after 17:00 it may be that the price of transport will go up more and are more difficult to find.
* If you want the phone number of a trusted motorcycle taxi driver, please contact us *
(it has to be a 4x4 with a driver who knows how to handle dirt roads)
Duration: 30 to 60 minutes
GPS: 11.1966520142, -74.1016887056
Leaving from Santa Marta on the road that goes to Tayrona Park (Troncal Caribe or in google maps route 90) after the last bridge at 100 meters there is the deviation to the village of Bonda on the right hand side next to the Ferretería el Campo. Enter through this detour and about 100 meters on the right the uncovered road begins. On this road, drive about 5 kms until you reach the Paso del Mango where the water for is taken Santa Marta. From here continue with the 4x4 tending to the right. (BEWARE not to take to the left). From here it is about 2 kms until you reach a river that you have to cross. After crossing the river it is 1 km straight until you reach Caoba.
Please contact us if there is any question.
We offer transportation service from Bonda, Santa Marta, airport, Tayrona Park, Palomino and Minca. If you are interested, please contact us by email or phone no later than 2 days before the date.